Saturday, December 12, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

I just love the Advent season! The glory of the Nativity, the sparkle of the Christmas tree, and the gathering together of family and friends just warms my spirit so!

Today we are putting up the Christmas tree, a lovely pine that we cut down from the back of our lot yesterday. I strung popcorn, while my father and brothers worked on the lights. My youngest sister helped my mother bake Christmas cookies (a secret family sugar cookie recipe!).

Christmas always reminds me of how thankful I am for my wonderful family. My father, who works so card to take care of our family. My mother, who gave up her career in a law firm for the greater calling of being a stay at home, homeschooling mom. My older brother, Peter, who has grown into a fine young man (finally home from college in California!). My younger brothers Mark and Jacob who are graduating soon, and my younger sister Bethany, an inspiration to me every day in her quiet spirit. <3

Times like these make me realize what a good choice I made in choosing to be a stay at home daughter, surrounded by my family and being blessed by their wisdom, spirit and guidance!

No pictures today, I am off to put up the Nativity and partake in some of those delicious cookies!

So, dear readers, what is your favorite Christmas tradition?

1 comment:

  1. You entirely put me to shame... I think having a Christmas meal with my family (which sometimes gets skipped) and maybe some eggnog count as the largest part of my family's Christmas celebrations. Hmm, there is also the Christmas Eve service some of our friends have in their barn in the countryside up in Frederick County, MD. We get to freeze our feet off amongst hay and animals while singing carols and then partake of cookies and smalltalk in their home afterwards. That's always a nice thing, particularly considering the people who show up were people we used to go to church with for the most part, and the larger number of them (including us) have all since then gone out to different churches and outside of facebook, this is often the only time we meet. :D

    ReplyDelete